I recently got my hands on a Fitbit Charge 2 to compare to the Gear Fit 2.
The Fitbit Charge 2 is better because…
- it has 2x the battery life
- its app is generally better
- it gamifies fitness better
- it is more social
- it works with iPhones
The Gear Fit 2 is better because…
- Its screen is infinitely nicer looking
- It has a touch screen — which allows for a much wider range of interaction
- it does a lot more than the Charge 2 — for example, the Charge 2 doesn’t have a timer, can’t answer/reject calls, can’t respond to text, and more.
- its sleep tracking is much more accurate
- It works with Spotify
- You can actually store music on the device and listen via Bluetooth
Conclusion: I like the Gear Fit 2 quite a bit more. It is very annoying that the Charge 2 doesn’t have a timer. This is such a simple feature to add and it is very useful (I use it on the Fit 2 every day). Also, being able to answer or reject calls with the Fit 2 is major. These extra features more than offset the loss of battery life in my opinion.